Mangoes are gaining more and more popularity among connoisseurs of exotic fruits. India is considered his homeland. Many liked mangoes not only for its unique taste and aroma, but also for its valuable composition with many useful properties. Let’s think everything is fine.
There are many valuable substances in the fruit, the deficit of which is simply impossible. The necessary enzymes are found not only in mango pulp, but also in leaves and bark.
The composition includes phosphorus, starch, magnesium, flavanoids, iron, polyphenols, selenium, natural carbohydrates, potassium, organic acids, manganese, retinol, zinc, a subset of B vitamins, tocopherol, sodium, copper, nicotinic and ascorbic acids.
The pulp contains most of the water, fiber and carbohydrates. The calorie content directly depends on the degree of maturity. The average value is about 66 Kcal per 100 g of fruit. Calorie content is determined by the high content of carbohydrates.
Keep in mind that the chemical composition varies according to the degree of ripeness of the mango. Green fruit has a high percentage of starch. As the fruit ripens, the substance changes into maltose, sucrose and glucose.
Unlike green fruit, ripe mango has many organic acids and pectins. The pulp is rich in succinic, tartaric, oxalic, ascorbic, citric and malic acids.
The above substances are not produced by the body, but many processes depend directly on these enzymes. Regular intake of organic acids directly affects human health and fitness.
Use of mango
The invaluable composition of mango pulp, seeds and leaves is widely used in cooking, medicine and cosmetology.
Mango is considered an indispensable helper in the treatment and prevention of most diseases.
Medicines based on leaf extracts have a calming, antioxidant and immunomodulatory effect.
- Mangoes have also found wide application in the cosmetic world. Fruit extract products qualitatively eliminate skin problems.
- The cosmetic composition rejuvenates and strengthens the face, improves color, reduces inflammation and removes black spots.
- Daily use of a cream based on mango extract softens the skin, cleanses pores, smoothes folds and tones the dermis at the cellular level.
- Recently, shampoos, lotions, shower gels, masks and tonics with exotic fruit extract have become more and more popular. Mango seed oil has gained no less popularity.
- The herbal composition is popular in the care of the skin of the body, hands and face. The oil completely restores the structure of the hair, protects the skin from UV radiation and removes age spots.
- Mango is no less desirable in culinary form. The fruit is used fresh and canned. In the first case, the marrow is often added to desserts and salads.
- Pulp and juice have become popular cocktails, juices, beverages, liqueurs, cocktails and yogurts. In the east, it is common to combine mangoes with meat and fish.
- The meat of exotic fruits has been shown to help the body digest heavy and fatty foods. Soups, cold meals, jams and ice cream are often prepared from mangoes.
Health benefits of mango
- Prevents the formation of chronic intestinal obstruction, creates stool, quickly assimilate protein.
- It improves mood, relieves tension and effectively combats stressful conditions.
- It is involved in hematopoiesis and improves blood quality. Significantly increases hemoglobin.
- Useful for diabetes. The value is achieved due to the low glycemic index.
- Normalises heart rate, relieves possible pain during cramps. Stabilizes pressure, increases the elasticity of blood vessels.
- Prevents the formation of night blindness. Useful for vision, relieves burning and itching of the mucous membranes of the eye.
- It fights the development of cancer. It stops the development of cancer cells and blocks blood access to them.
- It removes overweight, helps keep it normal. Incoming leptin suppresses raging hunger.
Benefits of mango for women
- Ripe mangoes are beneficial because their chemical list of elements has been completely created. Women must eat the product to fight anemia and prevent disease. It is especially useful to consume mangoes during the menstrual cycle, when the body experiences a huge iron deficiency.
- The laxative properties of exotic fruits cleanse the digestive tract of old waste and toxic compounds. Mango removes excess bile and water, thus eliminating swelling during pregnancy. The diuretic effect allows you to use the product in case of kidney problems and perform comprehensive cleansing.
- Calories of 100 g. The fruit does not exceed 70 Kcal. For this reason, it makes sense to consume mangoes for people who are watching the figure or trying to lose weight. The product replaces glucose deficiency, uplifting.
- The advantage of the composition is its cosmetic orientation. Based on the pulp or juice, various masks are prepared for the care of hair, skin and nails. Retinol and tocopherol are considered natural sources of youth and beauty.
Benefits of mango for men
- Mango belongs to the category of aphrodisiacs. The fetus increases male libido, strengthens desire, is responsible for “male strength”, makes the woman’s eyes an attractive representative of the strong half of humanity.
- The overseas fetus has a strong positive effect on the normalisation of the reproductive system. With dosing and frequent administration, a large number of sperm are produced, their mobility increases. For this reason, mango are essential for couples who face problems of conception.
- Manganese, zinc, selenium, copper and other elements are essential for maintaining the reproductive system of the male body. Consumption of mango prevents diseases of the prostate and whole urine, as well as the reproductive system.
- Incoming tocopherol increases efficiency, causes cravings, removes toxic compounds from the body and cleanses the blood. All this is necessary to keep a person in good shape at all times.
- Many people know that men aged 45 fall into the risk zone of those who may have heart and vascular disease. Therefore, you must start eating the fetus in advance to avoid the likelihood of a stroke or heart attack.
Benefits of mangoes for pregnant women
- The properties of mango allow the product to be introduced into the diet of pregnant girls, which is not surprising. Folic acid responds to the formation of the baby’s central nervous system and to the normalization of the psycho-emotional background of the expectant mother.
- Using mango in the diet relieves the girl of toxicosis, mood swings, jumps in blood pressure. The fetus corrects the functioning of the heart muscle, cleanses the kidneys of urine and stabilizes their activity.
- Mango removes excess water from the body. This quality is appreciated by pregnant girls who often suffer from swelling. The laxative effect of the fruit gently cleanses the digestive tract and eliminates constipation.
- Overseas fruit is considered a natural antioxidant. It should be taken to maintain inner and outer beauty. You can benefit not only from pulp, but also from mango juice.
- Regarding the birth of a child, mango is contraindicated in children. The fetus can be entered into baby food only after reaching the age of three. Otherwise, the child will develop colic, allergies and other side effects.
Benefits and damage of dried mangoes
- Candied fruit is low in fatty acids, which irritate the gastrointestinal mucosa. Therefore, people with ulcers and gastritis consume better dried fruit, which gently wraps the walls of internal organs.
- It should be noted that dried fruit is prepared by soaking in sugar syrup and further drying a slice of mango. Therefore, candied fruit has a high content of calories (about 318 kcal. Per 100 g).
- People with diabetes and overweight (including obesity) should discard dried fruit. Otherwise you will come across sugar spikes.
- Candied fruit can be considered a snack for those people who take care of their figure. A few pieces a day will not hurt you, they will only replace the lack of vitamins and glucose.
Harm of mango
- Fruit fiber makes it difficult to remove ethyl alcohol from the body. Therefore, mango should not be combined with alcohol. They also refuse to take juice during a hangover.
- Some substances overseas accelerate the conversion of carbohydrates into fats. If you abuse manga, you risk gaining weight.
- If possible, do not eat fruit that is not ripe. Otherwise, strictly control the quantity. If you take more than 1 piece, there is a possibility of bloating, constipation, diarrhea, stomach pain.
- Fatty acids adversely affect the health of people with gastritis. Therefore, give up manga when the disease gets worse.
- Immature fruits are contraindicated in people with gout. Mango should be removed from the diet of people with chronic pancreatitis.
- Contraindications include the presence of individual mango intolerance. The skin of the fetus, and not its flesh, often causes allergies. Use gloves when cleaning the fetus.
How to choose a mango
- If you only want to benefit from overseas fruit, follow the rules for choosing mangoes.
- Start by smelling the fruit in the stem area. You should smell a pleasant scent that resembles a peach in a way. If you smell alcohol or acid, the mango has deteriorated and is not suitable for consumption.
- Good fruit has elastic and shiny skin. After pressing, the fruit retains its shape, does not flow and does not crack. If the fingerprint hasn’t disappeared and the mango has crumpled, it’s been on the store shelves for a long time.
- There are several types of mangoes. Each of them differs in color, aroma, variety (dessert, sauce, etc.). Please read the label before purchasing.